Home health care enables patients to recuperate from short-term illness or deal with chronic disease in the comfort of their own homes. The concept of working together with the patient’s physician, a skilled team of home health professionals look after patient’s physical, social, and emotional needs.
Goals of home care
- To provide patients and families the care, education, and support needed for them to become independent in their care.
- Home care services may include visiting nurses, rehabilitation therapy, home health aides, medical social services, home infusion therapy, or hospice.
- Geriatric population
- Chronic orthopaedic diseases
- Chronic neurological diseases
- Chronic cardio respiratory diseases
- Oncologic diseases
- Post operative
WASH THE EYES FIRST. FROM THE INSIDE CORNER TO THE OUTSIDE, USING A DIFFERENT AREA OF THE CLOTH FOR EACH EYE.
AFTER WASHING THE FACE, NECK, AND EARS, REMOVE THE GOWN AND WASH THE ARMS, ONE AT A TIME.
PLACE THE TOWEL OVER THE PATIENT’S CHEST. LIFT THE CORNER AS YOU WASH THE CHEST. REPEAT FOR THE ABDOMEN.
WASH AND DRY ONE LEG AT A TIME. CHANGE THE WATER AT THIS TIME IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY NEEDED TO DO SO.
WASH THE BACK AND THE BUTTOCKS. A BACKRUB MAY BE GIVEN AT THIS TIME.
Basic Respiratory Care