Home health care enables patients to recuperate from short-term illness or deal with chronic disease in the comfort of their own homes. The concept of working together with the patient’s physician, a skilled team of home health professionals look after patient’s physical, social, and emotional needs.
1) WASH THE EYES FIRST. FROM THE INSIDE CORNER TO THE OUTSIDE, USING A DIFFERENT AREA OF THE CLOTH FOR EACH EYE.
2) AFTER WASHING THE FACE, NECK, AND EARS, REMOVE THE GOWN AND WASH THE ARMS, ONE AT A TIME.
3) PLACE THE TOWEL OVER THE PATIENT’S CHEST. LIFT THE CORNER AS YOU WASH THE CHEST. REPEAT FOR THE ABDOMEN.
4) WASH AND DRY ONE LEG AT A TIME. CHANGE THE WATER AT THIS TIME IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY NEEDED TO DO SO.
5) WASH THE BACK AND THE BUTTOCKS. A BACKRUB MAY BE GIVEN AT THIS TIME.